Trustly is an online payment solution that makes it possible for web sites to accept payments from their customer’s online bank accounts without having to integrate software solutions for each individual bank. Trustly can also be used together with e-payment methods such as Skrill, Neteller, WorldPay, and more.
Trustly is owned by the Swedish company Trustly Group AB.
In order to use Trustly with your online bank account, your account must be based in Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Estonia, Polen, Italy, Spain or Malta. At the time of writing, the Trustly software is compatible with over 40 different banks, including Swedbank, Danske Bank, Forex, Nordea and SEB.
Trustly is an accepted payment method in over European 800 e-stores and auction sites online. There are also quite a lot of gambling sites that accept Trustly, including Bet365, Expekt, BetClic, Mr Green, RedBet, Mr Green and Leo Vegas Casino.
When using Trustly with your bank account, you identify yourself and confirm the transaction using your ordinary bank token or mobile bank ID. It is important to realize that giving Trustly access to this type of information might be a violation of the contractual agreement between you and your bank. Always check with your bank before signing up with Trustly. By giving Trustly access to your online bank account, you make it possible for Trustly to see everything in your account that you would see when you log in yourself, e.g. every one of your accounts, your payment history and your investments.
Trustly can be used from computers, smartphones and tablets.
Deposit money using Trustly
- To make a transfer from your online bank account to a merchant, select Trustly among the available payment methods.
- A list of banks will be shown. Select your bank.
- Specify the amount of money that is to be transferred (and if necessary, the currency).
- To prove your identity, use the same log-in method as when you log-in to your online bank account.
- In the drop-down menu, select the bank account from which you wish to transfer the money.
- Confirm the transaction using the same method as you would when logged into your online bank account.
- When the transaction has been confirmed, you will be shown a confirmation page.
Withdraw money using Trustly
Trustly can be used to transfer money to your online bank account, e.g. from a gambling site where you have winnings that your wish to take home or from an auction site where you have sold items and received payments into your on-site wallet. Go to the cashier and select Trustly in the list of available withdrawal options. Then follow the instructions on the screen, step by step.
Trustly does not charge any frees from consumers. Trustly makes money by charging the sites that wish to offer Trustly as a method for deposits / withdrawals.
As a consumer, you do not pay any annual fee to be signed up with Trustly and you do not pay any fees to Trustly for the transactions you make using Trustly.
Some sites will charge the customer a fee for using Trustly, since they wish to reimburse themselves for the fees they have to pay to Trustly, but this is pretty unusual and not the norm. When it occurs, it is typically for withdrawals only, not for deposits.
Other information about Trustly
- Trustly was formed in Sweden in 2008.
- Trustly Group AB is regulated by Finansinspektionen, the Swedish government agency responsible for financial regulation in Sweden. Trustly Group AB also has a European Payment Service Provider (PSP) permit in accordance with the European Union directive 2007/64/EC.
- Trustly does not offer any credit.