Paysafecard is a prepaid card that is chiefly used for online payments, e.g. for online shopping, gambling, gaming, purchases on social platforms, music services, dating sites, etc. At the time of writing, Paysafecards are accepted by over 4 000 sites online. You can also use a Paysafecard to deposit money into an e-wallet.
The Paysafecard is provided by Prepaid Services Company Ltd, a company regulated by the United Kingdom’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
Using a Paysafecard
- Visit one of the many places that sell Paysafecards. There is currently approximately 450 000 vendors of Paysafecards, including a lot of convenience stores and gas stations. It is also possible to purchase Paysafecards online.
There is a mobile app available where you can search for vendors. You can also carry out a search on the Paysafecard site.
- Purchase a Paysafecard. The monetary amounts available will vary from one country to another depending on the currency. If you are in the United Kingdom, you can purchase £10, £25, £50, £75 and £100 Paysafecards.
You don’t actually get a card (like a plastic credit card) you get a paper receipt.
- Your Paysafecard (paper receipt) will have a 16 digit PIN printed on it. When you wish to use your Paysafecard to make a payment, you enter this PIN. You do not have to use up the total amount at once.
Example: You have purchased a £100 Paysafecard. You use if for a £15 payment. You now have £85 left to spend.
To see how much you have left on your card, visit the Paysafecard site and enter your PIN. You can also check your balance in the Paysafecard mobile app.
There is one Paysafecard mobile app for iOS and another one for Android.
When you purchase a Paysafecard worth £10, you pay £10 for it. When you purchase a Paysafecard worth £100, you pay £100 for it, and so on.
Having a Paysafecard is free, provided that you do no keep money on it for more than 12 months. If there is any value left on your card after 12 months, Paysafecard.com Limited will start charging a monthly £2 fee until there is no more money left on the card.
Some sites online will charge you a fee for making a payment with a Paysafecard while others wont. There are even sites that will give you a bonus for using a Paysafecard instead of (for them) more costly payment methods such as credit cards.
More information about Paysafe
- Paysafecard.com Limited was founded in 2000. Today, Paysafecard is owned by Prepaid Services Company Ltd, the same company that offers the YUNA Card (a prepaid MasterCard).
- Prepaid Services Company Ltd is regulated by the United Kingdom’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and is authorized to issue electronic money.
- For users in the USA, Paysafecard is issued by The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC.